How to apply for jobs in UN organizations and international NGOsSiegburg
International organizations and consulting companies often demand an application in English. We offer helpful tips on how to produce a conclusive resume (CV) and write cover letters or personal statements. In addition, Human Resource experts will provide information on application procedures and recruitment processes in various contexts. As part of the preparation, you will have the opportunity to participate in a simulated job interview. The workshop will be facilitated by Anna Kreuzer and will be in English. Maximum 15 participants.
Objective of the training
The participants have an overview about current methods in job applications in the international context. The focus is on applications for UN-organisations, for NGO’s and for the private sector. Methods and ways in describing individual strengths and competencies in CV’s will be explained and experienced. Participants do active exercises like mock-interviews as used in assessment procedures in the international context (also skype and phone interviews).
Agenda (Subject to change)
18:00h Starting with dinner
19:00h Introduction and first CV-Check
- Characteristics of application- and recruitment procedures within International Organisations (e.g. UN), NGO’s and in the private sector
- How to read a job description?
- Introduction into competency based recruitment
- How to show competencies in my CV?
- Exercises to identify and observe competencies
14:00h Simulated Interviews (Competency based interviews and multi-modal interviews)
17.30h Questions & Answers
- How to demonstrate the right motivation for the position in question?
- How to structure a “Letter of Motivation” for International Organisations (e.g. UN), NGO’s and in the private sector?
- Introduction into assessment centre
- Reflection and Summary
12:30h Lunch - departure